As the 2016 U.S. Captain for the big U.S. and Europe golf showdown, Davis Love III is a popular topic of conversation. With the following five fun facts, you’ll have something to contribute to any conversation about the PGA TOUR superstar:
1. Love’s newest golf course design, Atlantic Dunes at The Sea Pines Resort, opens to the public on Oct. 3, the day after the 2016 Ryder Cup concludes. To learn more about the course or book a tee time, click here.
2. Love is a record five-time winner of the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing held on famed Harbour Town Golf Links and owns five red tartan jackets awarded to the victor.
3. Davis Love III (1991-92), Payne Stewart (1989-90) and Boo Weekley (2007-08) are the only defending RBC Heritage champions to repeat.
4. A painting of Davis resides in the spectacular new Harbour Town Clubhouse which showcases the rich tournament history of RBC Heritage and its past champions including Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer and Tom Watson.
5. Harbour Town Golf Links is one of his favorite courses. Love says “Harbour Town is a great classic course and fun to play.”